Date(s) - November 28, 2017
7:30 pm - 8:45 pm
Categories No Categories
We welcome first timers, ongoing friends and experienced yoga practitioners! Our focus this Tuesday night will be cultivating inner peace for the holidays including the new year.
An optional silent, candlelight meditative time will be offered from 7-7:20 before class begins at 7:30 pm.
We will focus on breathing and asanas (postures) that will increase flexibility and core strength but also allow more time for Yoga Nidra (Deep Relaxation) to increase inner peace, calmness and stress reduction.
There is no charge for this class as it is a gift from the Crossroads Imagine community believing the world is changed as we become more calm and responsive in our circle of influence.
We will meet in front of the big window at Crossroads to enjoy the beauty of sky and tree during our practice. We can accommodate a larger group as the experience is designed as a supportive, community yoga practice.
Gratitude has been shown to:
1. Help you make friends. A study found that thanking a new acquaintance makes them more likely to seek a more lasting relationship with you.
2. Improve your physical health. People who show gratitude report fewer aches and pains, a general feeling of health, more regular exercise, and more frequent checkups with their doctor than those who don’t.
3. Improve your psychological health. Grateful people enjoy higher well-being and happiness, and suffer from reduced symptoms of depression.
4. Enhance empathy and reduces aggression. Those who show their gratitude are less likely to seek revenge against others and more likely to behave in a prosocial manner, with sensitivity and empathy.
5. Improve your sleep. Practicing gratitude regularly can help you sleep longer and better.
6. Enhance your self-esteem. People who are grateful have increased self-esteem, in part due to their ability to appreciate other peoples’ accomplishments.
Increase mental strength.
7. Grateful people have an advantage in overcoming trauma and enhanced resilience, helping them to bounce back from highly stressful situations. (Morin, 2014).
We believe growth in compassion, forgiveness, service and inner wisdom can change the world one person, family and community at a time. To learn more about Imagine Well Being and the vision for all these offerings, please visit our website at liveimagining.com.
“These four components (of yoga) are complementary with the outcome of: physical and mental fitness, management of emotions and stress, mind-body awareness, mindfulness and spirituality.” Harvard Medical School Special Report
Cathy is a Hatha Integral Yoga instructor (RYT 200) and has studied mindfulness and meditation practices through her yoga training and the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course and has studied with Dr. Susan Carol Stone (UVA Mindfulness Center). She is a certified to teach mindful yoga to children and families (Budding Yogis). She also completed training at the Shalem Institute in leading contemplative small groups and retreats. She leads workshops for Prosperity Eating Disorders and Wellness Clinic in Herndon and at her private studio near Bluemont, VA. Cathy is also a Virginia Master Naturalist and includes images from the natural world as part of each yoga practice.
Fara Nezhad is passionate about the calming and restorative power of yoga for mind, body and soul. She is currently in the Imagine Hatha Yoga Training program assisting with Serenity Hatha Yoga and Restorative Yoga as part of her practicum. Fara has three wonderful adult children and a beautiful granddaughter. She believes in the power of community to help create lasting friendships and bonds. She is fluent in English and Farsi and welcomes any opportunity to learn about new cultures and languages through intentional friendship and relationships. She is the founder and CEO of Pars Global Business Services LLC, with a focus in providing administrative, concierge and event planning services to individuals and businesses including project management, computer operations, office management and entrepreneur training.