Yoga with Imagine Well Being is designed to help counteract the stress of everyday life.
The mind is a part of the body, so we are working with body and mind together in our classes. We call this a mindful, moving meditation. You will find our yoga classes to be a warm and welcoming community with a compassion-based approach to self-care and well-being.
“Yoga is an ancient meditative practice. Scholars believe that yoga has been practiced in India since before recorded history. Early yogic teachings focused on understanding the world by promoting harmonious relationships with nature and appealing for peace in human interactions.”1
1An Introduction to Yoga – Harvard Medical School – Special Health Report – page 6
According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, yoga provides the following benefits:
- Help improve general wellness by relieving stress, supporting good health habits, and improving mental/emotional health, sleep, and balance.
- Relieve low-back pain and neck pain, and possibly pain from tension-type headaches and knee osteoarthritis.
- Help people who are overweight or obese lose weight.
- Help people quit smoking.
- Help people manage anxiety or depressive symptoms associated with difficult life situations.
- Relieve menopause symptoms.
- Help people with chronic diseases manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life.
Upcoming Mindful Yoga Events
- Please see Full Event Calendar Below & filter for Mindful Yoga in tags